Give With Confidence
An independent accountant audits Ethnos Canada's finances annually. You may download audited financial statements below:
Write to us for a copy of older audited financial statements:
PO Box 707
Durham ON N0G 1R0
You may also receive a copy by contacting our Finance Department at 519-369-2622 or email@example.com.
Ways to Give
An Interac eTransfer is a quick and inexpensive way to send an online donation to Ethnos Canada without a credit card. This option is available to anyone who has an account with one of the major Canadian banks or credit unions and is able to access that account online through their financial institution’s web page.
HOW IT WORKS
- You initiate an electronic transfer of funds from your bank account to Ethnos Canada by visiting your account on your bank’s website. The web page will include an option for arranging Interac eTransfers.
- You designate that the funds are to be transferred to Ethnos Canada by providing the email address of our finance department (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- To insure the security of the transfer of funds, you provide a unique answer to a security question. That answer will be known only to you and to Ethnos Canada.
- Once you’ve completed the arrangement with your bank or credit union, you send a separate email message to email@example.com to confirm that the transfer has been arranged, to instruct how the donation is to be used, and to provide the answer to your security question.
- A member of our Finance Team will then complete the transfer and will provide a confirmation email to you.
This option is useful for one-time donations but is not recommended for recurring (e.g. monthly) donations. For recurring monthly donations, a monthly pre-authorized debit should be arranged.
If you have questions or would like for us to help you with electronic funds transfers, please contact our Finance Team at 519-369-2622 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may contribute by phone or online using your Visa, MasterCard, Interac or Paypal. Please call us during Eastern Time business hours at 844-855-6862 or 519-369-2622 to give or if you have any questions.
You can give online through this site. Visit the give page to find your missionary or project.
You can now use your credit card to support your missionary every month, automatically. When giving online, select "Monthly Donation" from the drop down menu. Please note that when credit cards are used, the missionary pays the credit card transaction fee, which is 2.2% + $0.30 per donation.
Changing recurring gifts
You can stop your recurring gifts at any time by contacting our finance team. If you would like to change your recurring giving, you may want to consider the convenience of monthly pre-authorized debit.
Give by phone
To give by credit card over the phone, please call us during Eastern Time business hours toll free at 844-855-6862 or for local calls, 519-369-2622.
Credit card transaction fees
The fees that credit card companies charge for transactions —2.2% plus $0.30 per transaction — are charged to the ministry accounts of the missionaries who receive the gifts, because it is a cost associated with their ministries. You will still receive a tax-deductible receipt for the full amount of the gift. Transaction fees for gifts to projects are paid for by Ethnos Canada.
Possible delay in receiving your gift
It can take up to 10 days for Ethnos Canada to receive a gift given through the website, as there is a 'pending' period of time for credit cards. An online donation is not credited to the designated ministry until it has actually been received by Ethnos Canada. It is therefore possible that an online donation arranged near the end of the month might not be credited to the designated ministry until the following month.
Alternative for recurring gifts
You may wish to consider using pre-authorized debit instead of recurring credit card giving to support your missionary monthly. There is no fee for missionaries who receive support via monthly pre-authorized debit.
To give by cheque or money order, please make it payable to Ethnos Canada. Include a note to tell us if you are designating the gift for a particular project or missionary's ministry, or how you would like to divide it among projects or ministries. Please send it to:
PO Box 707
Durham ON N0G 1R0
You will receive a receipt acknowledging your contribution, as well as an envelope and a slip that will speed the processing of future gifts.
- Vehicles such as boats, recreational vehicles and even collectible cars
- Antiques and other collectibles
- Jewelry and coins
- Business inventory
Find out if something you own can help missionaries plant churches
Call our Finance Department at 519-369-2622 or email email@example.com.
Gifts by Will or Irrevocable TrustA bequest is the most traditional form of Planned Giving, allowing donors to retain full use of gift property during their lifetime while providing financial support of Ethnos Canada ministries following death. An irrevocable trust makes it possible for a donor to set funds aside for future use by Ethnos Canada, yet continue to receive income from those funds in addition to a receipt for income tax purposes during their lifetime. Other trust options are also available for deferred or immediate donation purposes.
Gifts of Interest Free LoansAn interest-free loan is a revocable agreement whereby a donor lends a portion of their excess financial assets to Ethnos Canada to be invested for either a pre-determined period of time or payable on demand. The interest earned on the principle provides support for the ministries of Ethnos Canada while remaining non-taxable to the donor. Arrangements can also be made for all or part of the loan to be forgiven at some point in the future, whereupon the principal itself becomes a charitable donation and a receipt for tax purposes will be provided.
Benefits from RRSPs and PensionsDesignating Ethnos Canada as the beneficiary of a retirement fund reduces the tax burden against your estate and provides financial support to Ethnos Canada immediately following your death by avoiding delays associated with probated wills.
Gifts of SecuritiesTransferring securities (e.g. stocks, bonds, and mutual funds) directly to Ethnos Canada makes it possible for donors to contribute the full value of the security to the Lord's work and eliminate the capital gains tax. The donor receives a receipt for the full fair-market value of the transferred securities. To begin the process, please download, complete and submit our Gift of Securities form.
Life Insurance GiftsNaming Ethnos Canada as either a partial or sole beneficiary of a life insurance policy is one way of providing ongoing support for the Lord's work at the end of your lifetime. Depending upon the arrangement, you may receive tax benefits during your lifetime while making a larger gift than you may ever have thought possible.
Gifts of EndowmentAn endowment is an enduring gift (usually of a substantial amount) given to provide continuing income to Ethnos Canada for years to come. The original gift is invested for either a specific period of time or indefinitely, thereby generating income to support the ministries of Ethnos Canada. An endowment may be established during a donor's lifetime or created by bequest in a will. To explore these opportunities, please contact our Finance Department at 519-369-2622 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your company can get involved in tribal missions by making a corporate contribution to Ethnos Canada. Ethnos is a registered charitable organization. (If you're considering a personal contribution, you may wish to check whether your company will match your gift to a registered charity.)
You can double your employees' contributions to Ethnos Canada by matching their gifts.
Your company can make a special gift or a one-time gift, or give on an annual or monthly basis.
Write excess inventory off your taxes by donating medical supplies, furniture, computers, software, vehicles and other mission necessities.
Foundations and Grants
Underwrite mission projects, support a missionary's ministry or fund Ethnos' general operations.
To explore these opportunities, please contact the Finance Department at 519-369-2622 or email@example.com.
Praise God for blessing us through those He’s placed in our lives with gifts in memory or gifts in honour.
Gifts in memory
A memorial gift is a meaningful way for you to celebrate the life of a dear one who has passed on and to express to their family or friends how much they meant to you. When you make a memorial gift to Ethnos Canada, your gift is a tax-deductible contribution. You will receive a receipt and a thank-you. A card will be sent to the family or close friends of the person in whose name you made the gift, informing them of the gift in memory of their loved one.
To make a gift, please contact our Finance Department at 519-369-2622 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gifts in honour
An honour gift marks a special occasion or acknowledges someone who has had a significant impact in your life. It’s a great idea for birthdays or anniversaries or just as a way to say thank you. When you make an honour gift to Ethnos, your gift is a tax-deductible contribution. You will receive a receipt and a thank-you. A card will be sent to the person in whose name the gift was made, telling them about the gift in their honour.
To make a gift, please visit our give page.
Organizing memorial or honour gifts for a friend or loved one?
To make it easy for several people to make gifts to Ethnos in memory or honour of a loved one or friend, please contact our Finance Department at 519-369-2622 or email@example.com.
Ethnos Canada has these guidelines to assist its missionaries in partnership development. They are intended to help maintain that crucial balance of informing potential partners about ministry and specific needs while trusting the Lord to confirm to partners how He desires to use them in the missionary’s ministry. We acknowledge that without His provision through these valued ministry partners, we have no way to continue individually or corporately.
- Missionaries should evidence contentment and confidence in God to supply needs, in His way and in His time.
- Ministry partnership is built on committed, meaningful relationships. We encourage relationship-based partnerships.
- God works through His Body, the Church, to build His Church. God desires each member of the local church to share in and reap from what He is doing to build His Church worldwide.
- Trusting God to build a ministry partnership team is a biblical approach to ministry.
- Those involved with a missionary in ministry have a part in trusting God to meet specific needs and share in the blessing of seeing God answer prayer.
- Ethnos Canada believes that the information missionaries present regarding needed finances and resources should always be accurate for integrity sake and so that potential donors understand what they have opportunity to give toward.
- Ethnos Canada is committed to demonstrate confidence in God and to respect potential ministry partners by not involving ourselves in high pressure tactic fund raising. We define high pressure tactics as:
- Any initiative on the missionary’s part that forces people through guilt to respond in a way which they may or may not be ready for.
- Manipulating potential donors through crisis appeals implying facts different from reality that would place the donor under guilt.
- Missionaries must be careful not to make agreements that would obligate them and/or Ethnos which may compromise Ethnos' purpose, values or strategy. Ministry partners should clearly understand Ethnos' purpose and ministry.
Contact Finance Office
Our Finance Department will be glad to answer questions you have about:
- your gift
- electronic transfers
- financial policies and practices
- missionary support
You may contact our Finance Department by email below or call 519-369-2622.